The SFA Private introductory fly fishing clinic offers guests a personalized experience where one of our experienced guides/facilitators will provide guests with teaching basic fly-fishing skills in a fun and informative manner (advanced skills for experienced fishers) and providing advice and guidance on the practical fishing i.e. showing best fishing areas at the specific venue, taking fish off the fly, photos of fish etc.
Generally a one on one experience but a guide may handle up to 4 guests if from the same family/group.
We ensure that all the venues we use have good water quality, scenic location and are environmentally friendly.
Good to know
- No prior fishing skills required
- Fishing equipment can be hired on site
- Personalized fly fishing lesson covering the entry to intermediate level fly fishing techniques
- Fly fishing access to two dams in winter season (April-Sep)
- Bait, bass fishing and fly fishing access to two dams in summer season (Oct-March)
- Basic fishing assistance if required
- Meals and refreshments
- Rented fishing equipment or tackle
- Child minding
- Injured trout to be kept and paid for
- Binoculars if you enjoy birding
- Fishing equipment if you have your own
- Anti-allergy medication if you have allergies
- Sun glasses
- Comfortable clothes suitable for weather conditions
- Hot & Sunny - light material shirt and pants ideally with uv protection
- Cold or rainy - warm clothes that are also rain resistant if necessary
Looking for more of the best tours, activities and experiences?
Loved the fly fishing introduction that we did with Sundowner at Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa with my boys. A perfect way to spend the day fishing. Great environment and also loved learning from the knowledgeable staff there. Perfect place to learn and to enjoy something special with my boys too.
How do vouchers work?
Vouchers make is easy to start experiencing the best tours and activities on offer. Vouchers are super flexible - buy one today, and use it whenever you're ready. They're a great gift idea! What's best is that you can use them on any activity listed here on SA Ventures, subject of course to supplier availability (but you can work directly with the supplier to arrange the best time that suits you). Remember, we are here to help with anything you might need. Get one today!
* Please note: Vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Already have a voucher? Redeem Now
Terms & Conditions
The beauty of Table Mountain, Lions Head and the Atlantic Sea Board coastline from the comfort of our kayaks is unrivalled. Dolphins, seals, penguins, Sunfish and occasionally whales frequent our Cape Town.